A flight crew licence is required before you can operate as a pilot of a Botswana-registered aircraft. Various categories of such licences, and their associated ratings, determine the type of aircraft and flights that you can operate in Botswana.
To obtain a flight crew licence from CAAB, you will have to:
- Complete the necessary flying training programme with a CAAB-approved training organisation
- Accumulate sufficient flying experience
- Pass a medical examination
- Pass the CAAB Flight Crew Theoretical and Practical Examinations.
Click below for more information on the application process and requirements for each licence:
- Student Pilot Licence
- Private Pilot Licence
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- Airline Transport Pilot Licence
- Multi-crew Pilot Licence
- Medical Requirements
- Foreign Licence Validation and Conversion