key functions of ATS Unit: To manage the airspace over the territory of Botswana and the delegated airspace over the Caprivi-Strip in Namibia, which includes:
- Control all traffic operating within Botswana and delegated airspaces;
- Safe, economical and orderly flow of air traffic within Gaborone Flight Information Region;
- Manage air traffic services facilities;
- Oversee air traffic services in Botswana; and
- Conduct internal investigation of ATS occurrences and develop avoidance action to mitigate recurrences.