» Airworthiness Inspectorate
The functions of the Airworthiness Inspectorate are:
- Registration of aircraft
- Maintaining of the civil aircraft register In Botswana
- Certification of aircraft
- Issuance of Export Certificate of Airworth iness
- Approval of Maintenance Programs, Maintenance Control manuals and Minimum Equipment Lists
- Approval of changes to type certificates (i.e. modifications) Approval of aircraft maintenance organizations
- Licensing of aircraft maintenance engineers
- Approval of aviation technical training schools
- Conduct Inspections and surveillance on certiticated organizations and all aspects of the Industry having a bearing on the safety of aircraft.
1.1 Maintaining Botswana Civil Aircraft Register
The Airworthiness section handles all aircraft registration matters in Botswana and maintains the civil aircraft register. Currently, the register is available free of charge In electronic format. The register can only be sent to the customer via e-mail as the Directorate no longer publishes the register in hard copy to conserve paper.
All requests for the Civil aircraft register should be directed to the Chief Executive Officer or Public Affairs
Manager of the Authority.
1.2 Surveillance and oversight
The Flight Safety Directorate also carries out continuous surveillance on all aspects of the industry that are relevant to the airworthiness and safety of aircraft through audits, ramp and en-route inspections, and unscheduled spot checks on air operators and maintenance bases as well as personnel, to enforce regulatory compliance.
Contacts for Flight Safety Directorate
Mr Joseph Ebineng
P. O. Box 250
Tel: +267 3913236/ 3688200 (Switchboard)
Direct line: +267 3688292
Fax: +267 3913121