Selebi - Phikwe Airport (FBSP)
With about 3037 passenger and 654 aircraft movements in 2009, Selebi Phikwe is the fourth airport in Botswana. This airport is open to both domestic and international traffic. It is located about 380km north-northeast of Gaborone and about 11km south-southwest of Selebi Phikwe town.
Selebi Phikwe Airport geographic coordinates, elevation and reference temperature are listed below:
· Latitude: 22° 03’ 23.76” South
· Longitude: 27° 49’ 13.65” East
· Elevation: 892 m above sea-level
· Reference temperature: 33.90 C
Description of Available Infrastructure
· A 1780m by 30m runway 12-30, including one turning pad at threshold 30;
· A passenger terminal and a general aviation apron;
· Two taxiways linking the terminal apron and the general aviation apron to the runway;
· A passenger terminal;
· A control tower; and
· Fire fighting and rescue facilities.
A (75m x 135m) apron capable to accommodate two ATR 42 simultaneously or a BAe 146 aircraft and a smaller aircraft. Its pavements are made of 3.5m by 4.0m concrete slabs.
General aviation apron
Two aprons are available for general aviation. One apron is located alongside the terminal building, it has a parking area of 60m by 40m, and the second along the fire fighting facilities offers a surface of 140m by 40m. The pavements are flexible and their wearing course consists of a double seal bituminous surface.
Passenger Terminal Building
The terminal building is 12 m wide and 16.5 m long (193 m2).
The control tower is available.